Website Deer Park Roofing
JOB SUMMARY: The Commercial Technician is responsible for assisting the Commercial Foreman by loading and unloading materials, assisting with job set up and tear down, ensuring job site safety, and completing jobs per specifications. The Commercial Technician is also responsible for representing the company in a professional manner while adhering to the Deer Park Roofing Core Values.
KEY FOUR PILLARS:
3. Elite Service
4. Customer Experience
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
1. Load and unload materials, equipment, tools.
2. Support and assist the Foreman and other crew members as directed.
3. Assist the Foreman in quantity verification of materials delivered to each job.
4. Direct customer questions to the Foreman or Superintendent.
5. Inspect all equipment prior to use to ensure safety.
6. Report injuries of any magnitude to a supervisor immediately.
7. Participate in weekly toolbox talks and safety training.
8. Set up fall protection gear by following Deer Park Roofing safety program.
9. Perform work under general guidance of Foreman.
10. Perform general job site cleanup on daily basis.
11. Communicate effectively with all other crew members and office staff.
12. Refer to handbook for weather day protocol.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position requires the employee to communicate orally, use vision to see near and far, use depth perception and hear at a conversational level .
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to constantly carry roofing materials and tools, stoop and bend, twist, squat and kneel, reach for materials, and use hand controls. The employee will be required to push and pull materials when tearing off and installing new roof, climb ladders and scaffolding, and crawl. The employee will occasionally be required to balance, reach above the shoulder, use fine finger manipulation, and use equipment that vibrates. Employee will infrequently be required to lift 50 lbs from floor to waist, lift 50 lbs waist to above the shoulder with machine assistance, use foot controls, and do repetitive motions.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The employee is required to use fall protection, proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and work in inclement weather conditions.