Website Deer Park Roofing
JOB SUMMARY: The Sheet Metal Foreman is responsible for fabricating and installing sheet metal and roofing materials, communicating work progress internally and externally, and ensuring health and safety guidelines are followed at all times. The Sheet Metal Foreman is also responsible for representing the company in a professional manner while adhering to the Deer Park Roofing Core Values.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
2. Customer Service
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Arrive to jobsite on time and ready to work with all necessary tools and equipment.
2. Perform all job duties in a professional manner to ensure an excellent customer service experience.
3. Review, fabricate and install sheet metal roofing per project manual and manufacturer specifications.
4. Identify problems, evaluate options and implement solutions.
5. Communicate production, issues and upcoming work with Superintendent, Project Managers, direct reports and General Contractors.
6. Notify superintendent of work status, progress changes, safety concerns or other issues regarding project completion.
7. Ensure each project is managed per budget restraints and completed within allotted time.
8. Perform jobsite safety audits efficiently throughout the day.
9. Participate in weekly toolbox talks and safety training meetings.
10. Inspect all equipment prior to use to ensure safety.
11. Ensure safety of all direct reports on jobsites.
12. Document all incidents or injuries with customers and/or employees.
13. Assist in training and supervising Sheet Metal Technicians.
14. Document disciplinary actions with assistance from the Risk Management Director for any company and safety violations, return disciplinary actions to Human Resources Director.
15. Ensure quantity verification of materials delivered to each job; turn all paperwork in to Superintendent.
16. Complete all paperwork accurately, with the correct job names.
17. Document and manage company tools, equipment and vehicles for direct reports.
18. Maintain a clean jobsite.
19. Review direct reports timecards daily, sign and submit to office weekly.
20. Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position requires the employee to communicate orally, use vision to see near and far, use depth perception and hear at a conversational level .
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to constantly carry roofing materials and tools, stoop and bend, twist, balance, squat and kneel, reach for materials, and use hand controls. The employee will be required to climb ladders and scaffolding, reach above the shoulder, and use fine finger manipulation. The employee will occasionally be required to do repetitive motions, and use equipment that vibrates. Employee will infrequently be required to lift 80 lbs from floor to waist, lift 80 lbs waist to above the shoulder with machine assistance, push and pull materials when tearing off and installing new roof, crawl, and use foot controls.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The employee will be required to wear safety glasses, hard hat, work boots, gloves while cutting metal, and wear DPR apparel or plain clothing. The employee will frequently be required to use fall protection. The employee will occasionally be required to work in extreme hot or cold conditions. Employee will infrequently be required to wear hearing protection.